Why Sprig of Heather? My mother named me ‘Heather’ to remember the Scottish Highlands where her ancestors originated, where heather is a familiar sight on the hills. Soon her friends were asking how ‘the little sprig of heather’ was getting along – and the name stuck!
what I do
I’m Heather and I help you produce accurate professional documents in clear business English.
I believe that your time as a business owner, CEO, content manager, charity director, can be better spent than trawling through text looking for typos and errors. You have other things to do… don’t you?
Great! Because I LOVE the finickity proofreading stuff! And I’m meticulous about it. So, hand your documents over to me and you and your team can get on with the things you do best.
After 28 years working across the private, public and voluntary sectors, I now focus full-time on proofreading and language work. I do the work I do because I love it!
- 15 years of experience as a policy advisor with particular expertise in social partnership and devolved administrations.
- 18 years of proofreading and translation experience for businesses large and small, private individuals and social enterprises/non-profits
- former tourism professional, specialized in brochure, website and app proofreading and translation
I belong to the following organizations and adhere to their professional Codes of Practice.
- Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (Code of Practice)
- Chartered Institute of Linguists (Code of Professional Conduct)
- Institute of Translation and Interpreting (Code of Professional Conduct)
- ITI Cymru Wales